If you are working in the public during the holiday rush, it can be so easy to lose your cool and become distracted. This can cause serious consequences for your job including being terminated, being hurt, or causing harm to others. When you are stressed out during the holidays and have to deal with others who are stressed out, it can be a compromising situation.
Holiday work can be hectic and part of your responsibility as an employee is to be involved in the safety of your customers, your co-workers and yourself. Here are some tips to keep your stress in check during the holiday work season:
- Plan ahead so you aren’t always rushed when getting to work or if you drive for a living.
- Stay organized by writing yourself to-do lists at home and at work so you can prioritize your obligations.
- Practice patience by utilizing deep breathing exercises to prevent you from offering knee-jerk reactions to stressful situations.
- Be on extra alert for safety violations at work when people are preoccupied with other things and not able to focus on the work at hand.
- Realize you can’t do it all. With a job, a family, and the busyness of the holiday season, you have to accept some limitations and come to terms with things you cannot control.
If you have been injured at work during the holiday season, seek out the advice of a qualified workers compensation attorney to ensure your case is handled right the first time. You can reach our office by calling toll free at 888-799-3918 or using our online contact form.