The symptoms of epilepsy can vary greatly between individuals, and the causes of epilepsy disability in New York vary greatly as well. Some people are born with epilepsy or a seizure disorder, and some people develop epilepsy later in life. Some of the common causes of epilepsy include:
- Injury to the brain at birth
- Abnormalities in the brain or blood vessels
- Alzheimer's disease and dementia
- Bacterial and viral infections, such as meningitis, abscesses, or AIDS
- Some metabolic disorders
- Tumor affecting the head or brain
- Destruction of brain tissue due to another disorder/illness.
As you can see, it can be very difficult to pin down the cause of epilepsy in you or a loved one, which is a part of why so many medical tests and procedures are required when you are evaluated for epilepsy disability.
If you need help applying for disability for epilepsy in White Plains, speak with one of our friendly and experienced New York Social Security disability lawyers today at 1-855-614-4351 or 866-205-2415. We have years of experience helping injured and disabled New Yorkers, and we look forward to meeting with you in a completely free legal consultation to talk about your specific situation and needs.