One of the perks of life in Manhattan is the wealth of different cuisines from all over the globe. Our New York City workers compensation lawyers love trying out new places and visiting old favorites when we’re looking for a good meal in the city. Some of our favorite places for dinner in Lower Manhattan include:
With a location in the heart of Greenwich Village, Amélie is a quaint French wine bar which offers delectable cuisine at affordable prices. This is a great place to go if you’re looking for a fancy, candlelit dinner that won’t kill your bank account balance. You can enjoy a wide variety of traditional and modern French cuisine inside the small restaurant’s dimly-lit interior. All of the staff members speak fluent French, which adds even more to the authentic feel of the place.
Some of our favorite options on the menu include:
- Tuscan Kale Salad
- Hudson Valley Foie Gras Au Torchon
- Hand-cut Creekstone Farm Beef Tartare
- Pan-roasted Idaho Brook Trout
- Seared Atlantic Cod
- Hudson Valley Duck Leg Confit
- Gratin de Ravioles du Royans
- Creme Brulee
Amélie also offers an expansive drink menu, including a wide array of fine wines, scotches, and whiskeys. These make a great end to the meal and give you a warm buzz while helping digest your food.
Upstate is a seafood restaurant and wine bar located in the East Village, and one of our favorite places to get seafood in all of New York City. We enjoy their oyster and beer happy hour, which offers the amazing bargain of a beer and a half dozen oysters for just $12. But Upstate also makes a great place for a nice dinner with a date, friends, or family.
Some of our favorite menu items include:
- House-cured Salmon
- Crab Cakes
- Squid Salad
- Beer-steamed mussels and clams
- Fettucini with clams
With five locations in New York and others in locales as diverse as Malibu, New Orleans, Dubai, and Tokyo, Cafe Habana’s delicious Cuban/Mexican cuisine is known throughout the world. Opening at 9 am and closing at midnight, you have the option of enjoying all three meals at one of these iconic establishments.
Some of our favorite dinner items include:
- Sincronizada Toluca
- Ensalada de Jicama
- Tacos al Pastor
- Grilled Skirt Steak
- Pollo Mirador
Cafe Habana also has an extensive drink menu, featuring Latin favorites like Daiquiri Cubanos, Cuba Libres, and Dia Del Amors.
Burger & Lobster
While it may have a simple name, Burger & Lobster is far from a simple restaurant. The menu offers a wide array of unique gourmet burgers and lobster dishes. This is one of our favorite places to stop for dinner in the Flatiron District of Manhattan.
Some of our favorite dishes at Burger & Lobster include:
- The Beast – Lobster meat on top of a 6 oz beef burger, topped with swiss cheese and truffle mayo and served with fries and a salad
- The Frenchman – 6 oz burger with foie gras and cranberry jam, served with fries and a salad
- The BBQ Pork Burger – Hand-pulled pork in a house BBQ sauce with pickles and onions served on top of a 6 oz burger, served with fries and a salad
- The Seven Samurai – Lobster meat served in ginger-infused mayo with cucumbers, scallions, napa cabbage, sesame seeds, and a sprinkle of togarashi
- Lobster Po’Boy – Lobster encrusted with cornmeal and served with a spicy remoulade, lettuce, tomato, and homemade pickles
Ginger and Lemongrass
Ginger and Lemongrass is a Vietnamese/Thai Asian fusion restaurant which opened just a little over a month ago in the Lower East Side. In that short time, it’s quickly become one of the hottest restaurants in the neighborhood and one of our favorite Asian spots in the entire borough.
Some of our favorites from the Ginger and Lemongrass menu include:
- Fried spring rolls
- Shrimp summer roll
- PHO soup (choice of beef, chicken, or vegan)
- Red curry soup
- Spicy green Thai curry