BRIAN M. MITTMAN
“I have been working since I was 14. I have probably held at least two dozen different jobs and I’ve seen people injured and hurt. One of the reasons I got involved with disability law is that I have a very good family friend who has been disabled his entire life, and I’ve seen how he’s struggled in order to keep working and try to work. When I was presented with the opportunity to get involved with what’s called “disability law,” I was really thrilled to be able to not only practice being an attorney, but helping other people who really need to know things about what their choices are, what they can do, and what their future may hold.”
New York State – January 1995
Areas of Practice
Workers’ Compensation Law (State, Federal, Longshore)
Social Security Disability
Long Term Disability
Personal Injury and Accidents
Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York, 1994 J.D – Cum Laude, Richardson Merit Scholar
University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, 1991 B.A. Political Science – Cum Laude
Upper Dublin High School, Fort Washington, PA, 1987 – National Merit Honor Society
Professional Honors & Activities
- Board of Directors – Society of New York Workers’ Compensation Bar Association, Inc.
- Board of Directors (Westchester County:Peekskill Regional Director)- Injured Workers’ Bar Association, see website
- Board of Directors – New York Workers Compensation Alliance, see website
- Board of Directors – White Plains Bar Association see website
- Member – CCLP – The Coalition for Concerned Legal Professionals
- Member – New York State Bar Association
- Member – White Plains Bar Association
- Member – Westchester County Bar Association
- Member – Westchester Womens Bar Association
- Member – Justice Louis Brandis Legal Foundation
- Member – Jewish Lawyers Guild
- Member – New York State Trial Lawyers Institute
- Member – New York County Lawyers Association
- Member – Mt. Vernon Bar Association
- Institute for Jewish Humanities – Attorney of the Year 2006
Presentations & Speeches
- Faculty Member, Lawline – As a faculty member and lecturer, Brian Mittman is the author and presenter of numerous continuing education courses.
- The 2008 Streamlined Docket “Rocket Docket” Regulations – An Overview – Presented at the Injured Workers Bar Association Fall 2008 Albancy CLE Conference
- New York State Workers Compensation Law Update/Recent Changes, November 18, 2008 – Bronx County Bar Association
- The Basics of Workers’ Compensation 2007 – Lorman Education CLE series
- The Basics of Workers; Compensation 2008 – Lorman Education CLE series
- What you Ned to Know about the 2007 Workers Compensation Law Sept 18 2007 – Westchester County Bar Association CLE
- The Basics of Workers Compensation 2009 – Lorman Education CLE series
As part of my involvement both in the industry and my community, I’ve been interviewed and quoted in a variety of publications. You can view some of these articles by clicking on the links below.
Pediatric Cancer Foundation – helping to hold the hand of a child, especially when dealing with cancer, is truly a worthy cause. For more information check out their link at PCFWEB.ORG and feel free to make a donation.
Outside of the office I coach multiple teams for my children including basketball, baseball and soccer. I also am an avid ice hockey player and I skate for two teams throughout the year and encourage anyone to start in the wonderful beginner/adult program offered by Hockey North America!