Published on
Last updated on

Preparing to File a Claim Under the Zadroga Act

While you can’t put in a claim under the Zadroga Act as of yet, there are a number of documents you can prepare while you’re waiting. Once the Special Master has been selected and the Zadroga claim forms are ready (by June 2011); you will be one step ahead of the game since you have your information ready for filing:

  • Create a document as best as you can with dates and duration of time spent at Ground Zero, as well as what you were doing when you were on site.
  • Make a list of hospital visits, doctors, and medical treatments you have received in relation to any illnesses connected with 9/11.
  • Itemize as best as you can the economic impact you experience as a result of lost wages and uninsured medical expenses related to your claim.

Call your doctors and request certified medical records pertaining to any treatment you have received in relation to your injury or illness.

Request an Affidavit from your employer to help you document your presence on or near Ground Zero. If you were not employed while on site, you can provide medical records, government records, or sworn statements of your whereabouts and statements.

If you take the above steps to preparing for a Zadroga claim, once the paperwork is available you will be ready to submit the information in a timely manner.  For assistance with your Zadroga Act claims, it is recommended that you have an attorney for Zadroga claims –  please contact our Zadroga lawyers.

Ask The Disability Guys


Can You Die While Waiting for Benefits?
Published on
Last updated on
woman walking on trail
Our Goshen Workers Comp Lawyers Visit Land O Goshen Park
Published on
Last updated on
brown horse
Our Goshen Workers Compensation Lawyers Visit Good Time Park
Published on
Last updated on


They kept my best interests at heart. Updates on a regular basis of the status of the case and returning of calls was much more prompt after I started dealing with the same lawyers and support team.
Danielle Dexter, Workers Comp Client from Westchester County