Change seems to be the watchword for the New York Workers’ Comp Board (WCB) these days. They have been busy implementing a number of changes to payment schedules and medical treatment guidelines.
Here’s a quick summary of some of the recent changes:
- Medical and podiatry fee schedules increased by 30 percent for evaluation and management services.
- Chiropractic fee schedule restructured – now your chiropractor can bill separately for different types of therapies, instead of billing for one office visit that includes all treatments
- New medical treatment guidelines were adopted for workers suffering from knee, shoulder, back or neck injuries.
Did you catch that last one? That’s a pretty big change, given that shoulder, neck, knee and back injuries account for 60 percent of all claims. Here’s some more info on the new medical treatment guidelines:
- New Medical Treatment Guidelines for New York Workers’ Comp – Clear as Mud?
- Got NY Workers’ Comp Medical Benefits? Here are answers to THREE big questions.
- Are the new NY workers’ comp medical treatment guidelines a DISGRACE?
As you can see, things are always changing when it comes to New York workers’ compensation. This is one reason that you should talk with an experienced NY workers’ comp attorney about your on-the-job accident.