Whether you work in an office or spend your work days in a truck or forklift, you are susceptible to back injuries. As New York workers’ compensation lawyers, we see back injury workers’ compensation cases every day. If you do not take proper care of your back after an injury, or if you try to go back to work too soon, you may end up needing more time off work and additional expensive medical care. Taking a few simple steps to care for your back after an injury can make all the difference when it comes to your recovery.
- Perform gentle back exercises. Ask your doctor to explain exercises appropriate for your injury.
- Lose weight. Less weight means less strain on your back.
- Drink more water. Getting enough water helps lubricate the spine, preventing re-injury.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions for medications, treatment, and therapy.
- Surround yourself with supportive friends and family.
- Give yourself time to heal. Do not try to do too much too soon.
Remember, each injured worker’s case is unique, so speak with your doctor before starting any care programs. Call us at (866) 205-2415, or use our online contact form. Let us handle your NY back injury workers’ compensation case, while you relax and focus on recovering. If you are feeling overwhelmed, we also offer several FREE resources, such as Five Deadly Sins that Can Derail Your New York Workers’ Compensation Case and The Disability Guys Guide to Your Back. Markhoff & Mittman, P.C. will always work hard for you, so that you can get back to working hard.