Buffalo makes the news alot today…..a very unfortunate occurance….
An explosion Friday morning seriously injured three public utility workers. The names of those injured have not been released. The accident caused a momentary power surge throughout Buffalo — the explosion was felt in the surrounding area. While details aren't yet available, early reports indicated the cause of the explosion was a malfunctioning 13,000 volt transformer.
The injured workers received initial treatment in Jamestown. They are now being treated at the Regional Burn Treatment Center at ECMC, which is the only unit of its kind in Western New York.
Worker injuries are not uncommon. If you are an employee, as most of us are, be aware of your workplace rights.