Published on
Last updated on

Accidents On-The-Job: Injuries Increase With Manual Work Activities

While slip and fall incidents are the most common reason employees lose money and time from work, the second most common reason is the injuries caused by performing manual work/labor activities.

When you are on the job and have to physically utilize your body to get the work done, injuries of all types can occur even when you are taking the optimum safety precautions. It is not uncommon for manual laborers to suffer not only direct injuries from performing their job tasks but many will also suffer long-term, chronic medical conditions relating to various parts of the body. Most commonly, the injuries that may put you out of work for good include back injuries, knee strain, amputation, electric shock, and repetitive motion injuries.

These injuries not only affect your ability to work and earn income, they can also affect your quality of life. If injuries leave you unable to care for yourself, you are looking at long-term financial consequences for medical care expenses and the loss of income.  Regardless of how young or old you are at the time of your injury, the impact of your injuries can be significant for a long time in the future.

Manual work activities such as those involved in the construction industry or manufacturing trade do have increased risks than other jobs. It is essential for employers to adhere to safety protocols and standards and to provide the proper protective equipment necessary to encourage safety on the job. If these provisions are not being met, it is important to speak with your supervisor about what is lacking on the work floor that may jeopardize other’s safety. Even when all safety standards are met and you suffer an injury while engaged in the workplace activities, it is essential you report the incident.


As soon as you can schedule a free consultation with our office to discuss your workers compensation rights, the better off you will be. Call our toll free phone number at 855-614-4351 or use our confidential online form.