Construction Safety Week kicked off yesterday in NYC. During this annual event inspectors and administrative staff from the Department of Buildings will visit construction sites and talk with construction workers. Too many construction workers suffer on the job work injuries. Safety training sessions will be held for construction workers as well. It is also important for workers to know their rights. Safety education is the key to preventing construction accidents. As we know, unfortunately, construction workers face potential dangers as they go to work each day. Minimizing worker injuries and fatalaties is crucial.
Some of the seminars this week include:
- Maintaining Safety at Stalled Construction Sites
- Requirements for Site Safety Professionals and Special Inspections
- Safe Practices at High Rise Construction Sites
- Building in a Dense Urban Environment
- Safety and Sustainability in the Building Code & Zoning Resolution