Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York, 1994 J.D – Cum Laude, Richardson Merit Scholar
University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, 1991 B.A. Political Science – Cum Laude
Upper Dublin High School, Fort Washington, PA, 1987 – National Merit Honor Society
Professional Honors & Activities
- Board of Directors – Society of New York Workers’ Compensation Bar Association, Inc.
- Board of Directors (Westchester County:Peekskill Regional Director)- Injured Workers’ Bar Association, see website
- Board of Directors – New York Workers Compensation Alliance, see website
- Board of Directors – White Plains Bar Association see website
- Member – CCLP – The Coalition for Concerned Legal Professionals
- Member – New York State Bar Association
- Member – White Plains Bar Association
- Member – Westchester County Bar Association
- Member – Westchester Womens Bar Association
- Member – Justice Louis Brandis Legal Foundation
- Member – Jewish Lawyers Guild
- Member – New York State Trial Lawyers Institute
- Member – New York County Lawyers Association
- Member – Mt. Vernon Bar Association
- Institute for Jewish Humanities – Attorney of the Year 2006
Presentations & Speeches
- Faculty Member, Lawline – As a faculty member and lecturer, Brian Mittman is the author and presenter of numerous continuing education courses.
- The 2008 Streamlined Docket “Rocket Docket” Regulations – An Overview – Presented at the Injured Workers Bar Association Fall 2008 Albancy CLE Conference
- New York State Workers Compensation Law Update/Recent Changes, November 18, 2008 – Bronx County Bar Association
- The Basics of Workers’ Compensation 2007 – Lorman Education CLE series
- The Basics of Workers; Compensation 2008 – Lorman Education CLE series
- What you Ned to Know about the 2007 Workers Compensation Law Sept 18 2007 – Westchester County Bar Association CLE
- The Basics of Workers Compensation 2009 – Lorman Education CLE series
As part of my involvement both in the industry and my community, I’ve been interviewed and quoted in a variety of publications. You can view some of these articles by clicking on the links below.
- What’s Covered by Umbrella Insurance? Homeowners can better guard against liability claims by understanding what’s covered by umbrella insurance and, equally important, what isn’t.
Pediatric Cancer Foundation – helping to hold the hand of a child, especially when dealing with cancer, is truly a worthy cause. For more information check out their link at PCFWEB.ORG and feel free to make a donation.
Outside of the office I coach multiple teams for my children including basketball, baseball and soccer. I also am an avid ice hockey player and I skate for two teams throughout the year and encourage anyone to start in the wonderful beginner/adult program offered by Hockey North America!